Our open course per person cost is £180.00 plus VAT
For competitive group prices call the office on (028) 9122 8101
This is a recognised 3 day First Aid at Work (FAW) course which is suitable for anyone who has been nominated or who has been volunteered to fulfil the statuary duty of care as laid down in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (NI) (amended) 2017.
If the assessment of First Aid needs highlights the need for qualified First Aiders, then this course will provide suitable trained personnel. This course covers a wide variety of medical topics enabling the participants to deal with emergency situations with confidence in a safe, prompt and effective way.
The syllabus of the course is:-
- Roles & Responsibilities of the First Aider
- Managing & Assement of an Incident
- Management of an unresponsive casualty Breathing normally
- Management of an unresponsive casualty not Breathing normally
- Safe use of an AED
- Management of a Casualty having a seizure
- Recognition & assist a Choking casualty
- Manage a casualty who is wounded & Bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Management of a minor injury
- How to conduct a secondary assessment
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles & joints
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with suspected Head & Spinal injury
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with a suspected chest injury
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with burns & scalds
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with an Eye injury
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with Anaphylaxis
- Administer First Aid to a casualty suffering a Major illness
This is a approved workplace First Aid course. There is a MCQ paper at the end of the course along with continuous evaluation throughout by the trainer.
Each learner will be independently assessed over the duration of the course. Those learners deemed to have reached the required standard will be issued with a First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for 3 years.
The HSE has strongly recommended that those attending this course attend annual refresher training lasting 2-3 hours. This is not compulsory but it is strongly RECOMMENDED by the HSE.
There is a need for this to be renewed by attending a 2 day refresher course before the 3 years have expired. Any delegate attending refresher training must have an in-date FAW Certificate to attend this course. If this has expired they will have to attend the initial FAW 3 day course.
A maximum of 12 can be accommodated on this course and must be aged 16 and above