Our open course per person cost is £80.00 plus VAT
For competitive group prices call the office on (028) 9122 8101
Your Sport’s Governing body may have an Approved Codes of Practice (ACOP) in relation to Sports First Aid training, where a Sports First Aider is necessary a club may appoint a person to take charge of any First Aid requirements this may include looking after any equipment and or facilities at the time.
This Sports course gives the delegate the necessary knowledge to arrange equipment and call for the Emergency Services when and if required. All coaches where stated may need to hold a valid First Aid certificate, It should be remembered that the Sports First Aider should not attempt to give first aid for which they have not been trained.
This course is for individuals who wish to gain knowledge in Emergency procedures and attain a qualification in Emergency (Sports) First Aid. This is a 7 hour course which has no written assessment, although there will be a continuous evaluation throughout the course.
Those deemed to have reached the required standard will be issued with a certificate in Emergency Sports Related First Aid which is valid for 3 years.
- Roles & Responsibities of a Sports First Aider
- Action in an Emergency
- Assessing & management of an Incident
- Management of an unresponsive casualty Breathing normally
- Management of an unresponsive casualty not Breathing normally
- Dealing with Respiratory conditions including Choking
- Management of wounds & Bleeding
- Safe use of an AED Defibrillator
- Management Medical conditions
- Assessment of Soft tissue injuries